Inventor® 3D CAD software offers professional-grade 3D mechanical design, documentation and product simulation tools.
- Use 3D annotations to add tolerance dimensions, notes and other engineering details to the 3D model.
- With your help from Inventor Ideas, the Inventor experience is updated and improved every release.
- Improvements include faster graphics interaction and faster open time for large files, speeding up the design process.
- AnyCAD adds new and enhanced file support. It also allows forward compatibility for Inventor 2017 to 2018.
Features of Autodesk Inventor
- Choose the way you design, with various modeling options.
- Work with data from any 3D CAD system and maintain an associative link.
- Set up your product configurator without writing complex code.
- Focus your efforts on designing, not the interface.
- Create and evaluate high-performing design options in minutes.
- Create parameters as you sketch and dynamically size 3D objects. Focus on your design, not the interface.
- Put your model together in fewer steps.
- Quickly create clear, accurate, detailed drawings.
- Create 3D documentation rich in visual and product information that anyone can view.
- Maintain an associative link to non-native CAD data.
- Quickly design and test structural frames.
- Link your Inventor and AutoCAD Electrical data.
|System Requirements for Autodesk Inventor 2018|
|Operating System ¹||
|CPU Type ²||Recommended:
Intel® Xeon® E3 or Core i7 or equivalent, 3.0 GHz or greaterMinimum:
64-bit Intel or AMD, 2 GHz or faster
20 GB RAM or moreMinimum:
8 GB RAM for less than 500 part assemblies
|Disk Space||Installer plus full installation: 40 GB|
Microsoft Direct3D 11® or capable graphics card or higherMinimum:
Microsoft Direct3D 10® capable graphics card or higher
|Display Resolution||1280 x 1024 or higher.
Recommended scaling: 100%, 125%, 150% or 200%.
If during installation it asks for you to insert an “Autodesk Inventor 2015(64-Bit) DVD”, all you need to do is:
1. Cancel installation for the time being.
2. Edit the setup.ini file inside the iso file using notepad. You can used tools to do this.
3. Add the line:
under the heading
[SETUP] 4. Save the file. rewrite the iso file. remount. and follow the installation procedures.